I’m sore today. The funny thing is, today was a walking day. Well, mostly walking, just a short pace of running, and a nice walk followed by a good stretch.
Mileage has increased. At the end of July my long run will pass marathon distance, so I don’t hit the wall in the actual marathon. I’m feeling a little less than passionate at the moment, so I’m basically blogging my accountability and reminders here. At least this way, you all can yell at me if I go off track. 🙂 Nice of me to drag you into this, isn’t it?
Why do I run?
– It knocks the crazy out
– Running clears my cobwebs
– I run so my children can see what determination looks like
– I run because cancer can kiss my ass
– I run because the sunrise is my own show
– I run because I feel connected to the universe
– Running lifts my spirit
– Every journey has its own thrill
– Every time I go out the door, there is something new
– I run for the bliss, even when I have to chase it
Okay. I feel better.
Happy Wednesday. Please go ahead and send over your St. Crispin’s Day speeches, if you feel so inclined.
Blessings to you all…
5 thoughts on “Why I Run.”
Running is great for clearing the head. I miss being able to run myself. =\
If you can’t run, swim! That’s always a good one, too. It’s more time consuming, since you have to schlep to a pool, but good meditation. Will you be able to run again someday?
I swim and love to! Probably not, but we’ll see. Breathing issues since the military. =|
I just now saw this! Respiratory issues are the pits. The pool is sort of a home for me, and it’s the best thing for your lungs. Something about water is so therapeutic, too.
I do love the water and love to swim! 🙂